Rheumatology Associates has a secure email portal. You can send and receive email with personal health information attachments to and from Rheumatology Associates by this method. Your information is secrurely encrypted by Zix. Please do not use your regular email account to send health information. The patient portal allows secure messages but not attachments. This is a separate system for email only.
THIS DOES NOT WORK OUTSIDE OF RHEUMATOLOGY ASSOCIATES
The Secure Message Center is a secure way to compose, receive, view, reply to, and forward encrypted messages over the Internet. The web portal system accommodates different types of users, providing useful options for them.
The first time you receive a secure email, you are asked to register at the Secure Message Center. Registration is a one-time, quick and easy process.
You receive an email message in your email Inbox notifying you that you have a message in the Secure Message Center. The message contains an Open Message button that will take you to the Registration page.
- Click the Open Message button in the email message. NOTE: If your email program does not support active links, cut and paste the link provided in the message into your browser. The Registration page displays with your Email Address already filled in.
- On the Registration page, enter a Password that complies with the password rules shown.
- Re-enter your password.
- If you want to view the Secure Message Center in another language, select the language you want from the Language drop down box. For more information on using the Language feature, see Specifying Your Language.
- Click Submit Password.
The Secure Message Center opens and displays your email message. You now have access to the Secure Message Center. You may also register by going directly to theSecure Message Center Sign In page and click the Register button.
READING NEW MESSAGES
When a new secure message arrives in the Secure Message Center, you receive a notification email in your regular email Inbox (please check the spam inbox if you do not see the message in the inbox). If you have not already registered, go to Registering.
To read the message:
- Open the notification email message in your Inbox. Click the hyperlink within the email or click the Open Message button. The Sign In page for the Secure Message Center displays if you have not chosen the Remember Me option.
- If needed, sign in using your registered Password. Your message displays.
From here, you may be able to:
- Reply to, delete or forward the message.
- Open or save the attachments, if the message has an attachment.
- Save the email message as a text file.
- Save the email message and attachment as a .zip file.
- Go to the Inbox.
OPENING AND SAVING ATTACHMENTS
You can open and save attachments that you receive in the Secure Message Center. To open or save a file attached to an email message, from the Message Details page, click the file name of the attachment you want to view and then follow the Internet browser instructions.
- If you do not have the program required to open the file, you can save it, but cannot view it.
- The file size affects the speed at which you download the file. The larger the file, the longer it takes to download it.
What Internet browsers are recommended to use the Secure Message Center?
We recommend that you use one of the following:
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® version 7.0 or higher
- Mozilla® Firefox® version 4.0 or higher
- Apple® Safari™ version 5.0 or higher
Other Internet browsers may be used, but have not been validated by Zix Corporation.
What privacy or cookie settings are needed in my Internet browser?
Privacy settings must be set to medium, or lower and cookies must be enabled. See your Internet browser help for more information on privacy settings.
What should I do if I receive an error message when I try to sign in?
If the error message is about your email address and/or password, make sure that you have entered your Email Address and Password information correctly.
If you still cannot sign in, click the Forgot your password? Reset button on the Sign In page. On the Reset Password page, enter your email address. Enter a Password that complies with the password rules shown, Re-enter your new password and click Submit.
If the error message is about something other than your email address and/or password, contact Customer Support.
Information on how to contact Customer Support is located on the Sign In page of the Secure Message Center.
How do I access my account if I'm locked out?
After three unsuccessful sign in attempts, you will be locked out of your account for 30 minutes.
If you become locked out of your account, you will be sent a notification email message to the email Inbox of the email address you entered, while signing in, if it is a registered email address.
The email sent to you contains information on how to change your password and unlock your account. You can always click the reset button next to Forgot your password? on theSign In page to change your password at any time.
If you need additional assistance, contact your Customer Support center using the information on the Sign In page.
Can I get an expired message back once it is removed from my Inbox?
If the message has expired and been deleted, it is no longer available. Due to the security features of the Secure Message Center, the sender of the message must re-send it to you.
When a message expires, an expiration notification email message is returned to the sender.
You can still access the Secure Message Center from an expired message notification in your regular email Inbox, but will not be able to see the expired email message.
Extensive Help File located at:
Zix support can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.